Join the race and be a part of the campaign to Cover our Outdoor Arena
“A Roof for All Seasons”
Capital Fundraising Campaign April 2014
May 2016 Update:
Construction is almost Complete!! Target June 2016!!
Our fundraising campaign to raise monies to pay for our beautiful new covered riding arena continues. As of April 2016, we have exceeded the half way point to our goal!
We still need your help, please consider making a contribution commitment to our Capital Campaign to help us complete our Phase 1 goal.
SMTRC is a non-profit 501(c)3 organization. Donations are deductible to the fullest extent of the law.
WHY A “ROOF FOR ALL SEASONS”?
To enable our Special Needs Participants to experience increased and consistent availability of the services for which they come to us. To empower Shepard Meadows to increase its program hours up to 50%, increase its revenue stream and improve its bottom line from operations.
- Programs will be less weather dependent
- Lessons will be held in rain and heat waves
- Lighting will be improved – classes will be held into the late evening
- The Summer Semester will increase from 4 to 8 weeks
- The Fall Semester will increase from 8 to 10 weeks
- Snow-melt willing, our Spring Semester will also increase from 8 to 10 weeks
- More field trips and improved volunteer skill-building sessions will happen in the covered arena
- Increased opportunity to expand program offerings
- To take a major step in becoming the year-round program desired by our participants
The campaign has already been started with a $25,000 private donation
RGD Technologies Corp., a local Bristol manufacturing corporation, has offered a gift incentive to match $50,000 raised in gifts of $5,000 or more