Come experience the calm peaceful magic of Shepard Meadows!
Field trips are available year round, offering a variety of activities depending on the season and the goals of each group coming to Shepard Meadows.
When visiting the farm you will meet eight horses, two miniature horses, one miniature donkey, three goats, and three barn cats. We all live on 26 acres with a beautiful old farm house, comfy barns, pastures full of grass, and fields where we grow our own organic hay.
Activities will include:
- Meeting the herd: Horses, Goats, Donkey, and our Minis.
- Learning about Shepard Meadows and why we partner with horses.
- Viewing a short video in the comfort of our beautiful farm house.
- Exploring the farm and sensory trail either on foot or by wagon.
- Enjoying bird watching; blue birds, turkey, Canadian geese, and maybe even deer.
- Learning to mount and experience a short ride on either “Calvin II” our mechanical equicizer or one of our therapy horses.
- Watching a demonstration of horses “at liberty” dancing in the arena with their human partner.
- Getting hands on experience grooming and learning the language of Equus.
A modest fee is charged for each field trip.
Plan your visit to the calm peaceful magic of Shepard Meadows with Program Director Cathy Languerand today. email@example.com | 860.314.0007 Ext. 13